Plastic Free Lincoln - Lincoln Repair Cafe
Reuse, recycle, repair with Lincoln Repair Cafe in partnership with Plastic Free Lincoln
** BOOKING CLOSED **
Due to popular demand - booking is closed.
Those who wish to attend but have not booked their session - you are welcome to come find out more about the Repair Cafe Lincoln, and if any sessions become available during the morning the team will be happy to advise and assist with your broken items where possible.
- On behalf of Plastic Free Lincoln and their team of fixers we thank you for your support.
Plastic Free Lincoln - Lincoln Repair Cafe
Saturday 20th November 2021
10.00am - 1.00pm
FREE Donations are welcome
Pre-registration and Booking Essential
In collaboration with Plastic Free Lincoln we are delighted to host Lincoln Repair Cafe as part of our Christmas Artisan Market weekend, this event will take place on Saturday 20th November 2021.
This event is to promote the ethos of repair, reuse, recycle and also an opportunity to share skills and a community event that aims to fix 'broken' things and give them a new lease of life! Lincoln Repair Cafe is run by volunteers known as 'fixers' and they volunteer their time for free. They aim to fix items where it is deemed possible.
To help as many people with their broken items, we will operate a booking system and visitors must email Lincoln Repair Cafe with the details of their item in order to match an available fixer.
- Sessions are 30 minutes in duration and must be pre-booked. The aim is to fix and return the item within this timed session.
- Once visitors have booked a session they must email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your broken item and you will be matched with a fixer in advance.
- Visitors must show or bring a copy of their booking with their reference number and inform the receptionist on arrival at The Collection Museum. Visitors will be signposted to the Education Suite Foyer with their item.
- Visitors must sign in and read the rules and sign the declaration on arrival at the Education Suite Foyer.
- Visitors unable to attend their session must contact The Collection Museum. Visitors must not attend if they are displaying any symptoms of COVID or if they been in contact with anyone who has.
Please read the rules below before booking your session.
Lincoln Repair Café Rules
Once you have booked your session please email: email@example.com
This email must include a description of your broken item and we will match you with a fixer in advance, please include your name and the time session you have booked.
- Visitors are required to sign in and read the rules at the event when attending the Repair Cafe at the Education Foyer.
- The work carried out in the Repair Café is performed free of charge on a voluntary basis by the volunteer fixers.
- Visitors bringing broken items for repair do so at their own risk and are expected to remove their items from the venue when finished (whether item/s are fixed or not).
- Visitors are encouraged to carry out the repairs themselves whenever possible with the volunteer fixers. This is a skills share event.
- Volunteer fixers making repairs offer no guarantee for the repairs carried out with their help and are not liable if objects that are repaired in the Repair Café turn out not to work properly at home.
- Volunteer fixers are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects and are not obliged to reassemble disassembled appliances that cannot be repaired.
- To cut down on unnecessary waiting times during busy periods, a maximum of ONE broken item per person.
- The aim is to fix and return the item within this timed session.
- The fact that the repairs are being performed by unpaid volunteers reflects the allocation of risks and limitation of liability.
- Neither the venue, organisers of the Repair Café nor the volunteer fixers are liable for any loss that may result from advice or instructions concerning repairs, for the loss of items handed over for repair, for indirect or consequential loss or for any other kind of loss resulting from work performed in the Repair Café. The limitations set forth in these rules shall not apply to claims declared justified on the basis of liability arising by virtue of applicable consumer protection legislation which cannot be lawfully superseded.
- A voluntary donation to Lincoln Repair Café is greatly appreciated and is intended for publicity materials and the development of future events.
- If you do not consent for your photo/video to be taken as part of event publicity then please state when signing in.
- Visitors unable to attend their prebooked sessions must contact The Collection Museum as soon as possible.
- Visitors must not attend if they are displaying any symptoms of COVID or if they been in contact with anyone else who has.