Play at The Collection
Looking for fun things to do on days out with the kids? Play at The Collection is an exciting free activity centre for younger visitors that encourages learning through play.
Things to do:
- Dress up as a princess, a knight or even a dragon and then step into a portrait picture frame.
- Create a work of art to take home or hang on our masterpiece wall.
- Design your own Roman Shield or Medieval Pot.
- Hunt the plesiosaur.
- Coin rubbing.
- Colouring in with Percy the Plesiosaur watching over you.
- Toys including felt castles, dragon puppets and wooden dinosaurs.
- Our large comfy window seat is an ideal place to enjoy reading one of our many story time books with your child.
- Enjoy our Playmobil Activity Centre.
- Jump into our giant dinosaur egg for some roarsome pictures!
Play at The Collection is an ideal space for families to enjoy in Lincoln. The museum has much to appeal to older children as well with computer interactives, mosaic making, trails and games. A visit to The Collection will inspire and delight your family in equal measure.
Please note Play is an unsupervised area and children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
See what’s on…
From reproduction helmets and swords to toys, birthday cards, books and jewellery, The Collection sells a wide range of items to suit all tastes and wallets.More…
The Collection Cafe is now open. We are open from 10am - 3pm (closed Tuesdays), offering a limited menu of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, cakes and snacks.More…
Hail Fellow Adventurer!
I am Gaius Valerius, soldier of the Ninth Legion. Join me on a tour of the website and see what you can discover at The Collection.Take the tour…
Planning a children's party? The Collection can offer a tailored experience including hire of Play, film viewings, children's tours and of course food and drink at The Collection cafe. Contact us to find out more.
Join our mailing list
Get all the latest news and events.